Home windows Insiders within the Dev Channel as we speak get one final construct to put in earlier than 2024 rolls round, however these on the innovative shouldn’t really feel disregarded.
Home windows 11 Construct 26016 for the Canary Channel can also be right here, and this one comprises a brand new addition referred to as ‘Home windows protected print mode’.
Microsoft says of this new addition:
Home windows protected print mode lets your PC completely print utilizing the Home windows fashionable print stack which is designed to work with Mopria licensed printers solely. With Mopria licensed printers, customers now not should depend upon third-party software program installers in addition to get extra safety advantages. Print gadgets will “simply work” leading to a secure and streamlined set up and printing course of. Learn extra concerning the safety advantages of switching to IPP printing right here.
To allow Home windows protected print mode observe these steps:
- Press Begin.
- Open the Native Group Coverage Editor.
- Navigate to Laptop Configuration > Administrative Templates > Printers.
- Proper click on on ‘Configure Home windows protected print’ and click on ‘Edit’.
- Choose the ‘Enabled’ radio button.
- Click on ‘Apply’ and click on ‘OK’.
- Home windows protected print is now enabled.
Different adjustments and enhancements embrace:
[Taskbar & System Tray]
- Added an icon to the “Diagnose community issues” entry when proper clicking the Wi-Fi icon within the taskbar.
Fixes for identified points are:
- Mounted a difficulty inflicting WinRE (Home windows Restoration Surroundings) to not render accurately within the earlier flight.
- Mounted a difficulty inflicting keyboard shortcuts to not work on the desktop — together with utilizing the delete key to delete information off of your desktop, CTRL key combos to take motion on desktop icons, or utilizing ALT + F4 on the desktop to open the shutdown dialog.
- Mounted an underlying situation inflicting the small print pane in File Explorer to unexpectedly take keyboard focus generally.
- Mounted a difficulty inflicting it to not be attainable to avoid wasting adjustments to shortcuts (.lnk) within the earlier flight, as they’d cite one thing was utilizing the method.
- Microsoft did some work to assist enhance the efficiency of loading Settings > Apps > Put in apps.
- Mounted a difficulty the place Settings was crashing when making an attempt to navigate to the “System and Reserved” part below System > Storage.
Identified points embrace:
- [REMINDER] Some fashionable video games might not work accurately on the newest Insider Preview builds within the Canary Channel. Please be sure you submit suggestions in Suggestions Hub on any points you see with enjoying video games on these builds.
- Microsoft is investigating a difficulty the place the print queue is exhibiting a messaging saying it could possibly’t discover the app when opened.
- [NEW] Microsoft is investigating a difficulty inflicting a small variety of Insiders to not be capable to open Settings after the earlier flight. If you’re impacted, please see this discussion board publish for a workaround.
- [NEW] Navigating to Settings > Energy will crash Settings on this construct. As a workaround, you should utilize instructions to configure energy modes in your gadget. powercfg /overlaysetactive will set the energetic consumer configured energy mode, powercfg /q OVERLAY_SCHEME_CURRENT will get the energetic consumer configured energy mode. For extra info on utilizing powercfg to regulate these settings, click on right here.
- You might expertise a loading delay when the Microsoft Begin feed is reenabled.
- Bulletins from the Microsoft Begin feed are nonetheless proven on the taskbar after the feed is hidden.
- The Widgets Board ought to routinely shut and reopen when enabling or disabling feeds.
- Keyboard navigation from settings subpages again to the top-level Settings web page is damaged.
- Incorrect spacing and fonts utilized in some settings pages.
Picture credit score: Krakenimages.com/depositphotos.com