Designed to bring customized apparel to the market that holds true to the designer’s vision, with minimal waste and environmental impact, the hybrid SureColor F2270 DTG printer incorporates DTFilm printing capabilities and goes beyond traditional garment printing and transfer to a wider variety of materials, including uniquely shaped items.
“The SureColor F2270 was purpose-built with an eye toward what’s happening in the industry. Specifically, we wanted to address the needs of print shops transitioning from mass production to producing what’s needed,” said Tim Check, senior product manager, Professional Imaging, Epson America, Inc. “With its ability to produce high quality output, with great reliability and consistency, print shops can now create premium quality products, designed to last years. This also results in less waste from the print process to the garment wearability.”
Purpose-built for both DTG and DTFilm printing, the SureColor F2270 hybrid printer features a new PrecisionCore MicroTFP printhead with Nozzle Verification Technology, and next-generation UltraChrome DG2 ink to deliver vibrant colors and incredible detail at impressive speeds – up to 20% faster when printing on dark garments, compared to previous generation model with printing 13.6” x 16.0” dark garments at default print quality.
The printer’s cartridge-free bulk ink pack system helps reduce ink replacement frequency. Automatic garment thickness adjustment is available. It measures garment thickness with multiple sensors, during the loading procedure. A garment height profile will be created. The printhead will then be automatically adjusted to optimize the print quality.
Other features that will bring new levels of versatility and efficiency for the apparel decorator, promotional products and e-commerce fulfillment industry include:
• Low maintenance – Dedicated cleaning solution channels and fabric head wiper system help reduce downtime.
• Intuitive design – Flattop work surface can hold items; large 4.3-inch touchscreen interface with ergonomically placed control buttons.
• Easy-to-use, quick-load platen – Assists with garment alignment and helps reduce loading times.
• Intuitive, easy-to-learn workflow – Epson Garment Creator 2 software features improved processing time and high-resolution processing for exceptionally detailed and vibrant prints.
• Epson Cloud Solution PORT2 – Provides live production monitoring of your printer fleet status, including production rates and printer utilization.
“Ultimately, prints done right the first time saves times, money and physical resources, and that’s the goal with the new SureColor F2270,” said Check.
The SureColor F2270 printer will be available through Epson Authorized Professional Imaging Resells in August 2023 with an estimated retail price of $18,995.