Epson’s new hybrid SureColor F2270 is designed for direct-to garment (DTG) as well as direct-to film (DTFilm), and will be a great addition to the textile and personalized product industries. The printer comes with a new PrecisionCore MicroTFP Printhead.
“Designed to bring customized apparel to the market that holds true to the designer’s vision, with minimal waste and environmental impact, the hybrid SureColor F2270 DTG printer incorporates DTFilm printing capabilities and goes beyond traditional garment printing and transfer to a wider variety of materials, including uniquely shaped items,” Epson said.
“The SureColor F2270 was purpose-built with an eye toward what’s happening in the industry,” added Tim Check, senior product manager, Professional Imaging, Epson America. “Specifically, we wanted to address the needs of print shops transitioning from mass production to producing what’s needed.
“With its ability to produce high quality output, with great reliability and consistency, print shops can now create premium quality products, designed to last years. This also results in less waste from the print process to the garment wearability.”
Purpose-built for both DTG and DTFilm printing, the SureColor F2270 hybrid printer features a new PrecisionCore MicroTFP printhead with Nozzle Verification Technology, and next-generation UltraChrome DG2 ink to deliver “vibrant colours and incredible detail at impressive speeds – up to 20% faster when printing on dark garments,” Epson said.
“The printer’s cartridge-free bulk ink pack system helps reduce ink replacement frequency. Featuring automatic garment thickness adjustment, it measures thickness using multiple sensors during the loading process to create a garment height profile and will automatically adjust the printhead and optimize print quality without user intervention to help increase productivity and ensure high-quality output.”
Other features include:
- Low maintenance – Dedicated cleaning solution channels and fabric head wiper system help reduce downtime
- Intuitive design – Flattop work surface can hold items; large 4.3-inch touchscreen interface with ergonomically placed control buttons
- Easy-to-use, quick-load platen – Assists with garment alignment and helps reduce loading times
- Intuitive, easy-to-learn workflow – Epson Garment Creator 2 software features improved processing time and high-resolution processing for exceptionally detailed and vibrant prints
- Epson Cloud Solution PORT2 – Provides live production monitoring of your printer fleet status, including production rates and printer utilization
At last month’s Visual; Impact trade show in Sydney, Epson Australia showcased the SureColor F2260 hybrid DTG/DTF garment printer, the third generation of its popular desktop direct-to-garment (DTG) range.